Announcements and Call to Worship
God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:9–11 (NIV)
Almighty God, as you have exalted your Son to the highest place and commanded that all should honor him just as they honor you, we bend our wills before him and confess Jesus Christ to be our Lord. Grant that our voices may blend with the chorus of angels in heaven to sing the praise of the one who has redeemed us by his blood. We ask this in his name, by the power of the Holy Spirit, for the glory of God alone. Amen.
Take a minute or two to pray. Some ideas:
- Pray in response to the songs
- Pray for the needs of your household
- Pray for needs of the church
- Pray for the government officials and the hard decisions they are called on to make in this time
- Pray for God’s mercy on us to bring an end to the coronavirus pandemic
- Pray for God to work through the preaching of his word
Revelation 5:1-14 (included in sermon recording)
(May) Christ dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:17–19 (NIV)