In 1898, the Presbyterian Church of Sartell was organized as a Sunday school under the oversight of the St. Cloud Presbytery and began holding worship services in the Sartell School House. The church was officially incorporated ten years later with 28 charter members on August 10, 1908.
The present building was constructed in 1909 with additions built in subsequent decades to provide space for Christian education and fellowship meals. In 1962, the church voted to change its name to Riverside Presbyterian Church, reflecting its location on the Mississippi River. After affiliating with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) in 2006, the name was changed to Riverside Evangelical Church.
We treasure our Presbyterian heritage and doctrine and resonate deeply with the EPC’s reformed, evangelical, and missional values. That is, we are a church guided by historical statements of reformed theology (Westminster Confession and Catechisms), committed to proclaiming the biblical gospel, and looking outward to the expansion of Christ’s kingdom here and abroad.
Our historic building houses a congregation both old and young, where young families worship together with senior saints.